Error connection for graylog to local ldap server

Description of your problem

Cant connect to my lap server.

Error Message

• An error occurred while attempting to connect to server 192.168.1.4:636: IOException(LDAPException(resultCode=91 (connect error), errorMessage=‘An error occurred while attempting to establish a connection to server /192.168.1.4:636: SSLHandshakeException(PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target), ldapSDKVersion=5.1.1, revision=580fabe31b0752099ccd9a835fe7da96e8251e28’))

Probably you do not use valid certificate. If you you your own CA, or self-signed cert, you need to import to graylog trust store.

You didn’t post version of graylog, but from graylog 4.0 it’s neccessary to use valid cert, check this:
https://docs.graylog.org/en/4.1/pages/upgrade/graylog-4.0.html#fixing-certificate-validation-for-ldap-servers-used-for-authentication

Please also post your configuration in Authentication section.

1 Like

@tor I’ll echo @shoothub . We have the category templates in place so that rather than going back and forth when trying to gather information from you, members of the community have what they need to help you achieve a speedy resolution. I’ll refer you to How to Post a Question in the Community that Gets Responses. The more information you provide, the better we’re all able to help.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.