I have a need to give rights to group of users.
- Each group of users have access to their own stream.
- Each group of users must be able to create and edit their own dashboards, but they must be private to their group.
Is it possible in Graylog ?
Do i need the entreprise licence to do this ?
Not exactly, but you can still create:
- Create dummy (empty) dashboards to group
- Create role with read permission to selected streams, and write permissions to dummy group dashboards
- Assign this role to users
For every group of users, create new role and dashboards and assign role to selected users.
You can create it manually using web interface: System/Authentication - Roles - Add new role
Or it also can be created Rest API, check REST API browser:
Thank you for you idea.
But it’s very convenient as we must pre-create dashboards and if they need more, they must asks to Graylog administrators.
It would be better if groups of users can be autonomous.
@benoitp thank you for that voice to add better role/group management and improve the right management in Graylog.
The Graylog team is aware of that and will address this in future versions. Currently no other option than @shoothub mentioned is given.
You can still give role permissions to create new dashboards (through API browser), but this way, only creator of dashboard will see it:
After that create script that will use REST API for these steps:
- Get members of Role (
- Get all dashboards (
- Find all dasboards of user of role - compare usernames of role to dashboards creators (parameter
creator_user_id), get parameter dashboard
- Update role permissions to include all dashboards created by users of role (
This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.