Can't start inputs

Before you post: Your responses to these questions will help the community help you. Please complete this template if you’re asking a support question.
Don’t forget to select tags to help index your topic!

1. Describe your incident:
Running graylog in docker. Followed docker installation process here: Docker - Installing Graylog. No inputs start. “Request to start input failed, Check your graylog logs for more information”

2. Describe your environment:

• OS Information:
    Docker running on Ubuntu 21.10

• Package Version:
    Graylog 4.2.5+59802bf

• Service logs, configurations, and environment variables:
    GRAYLOG_PASSWORD_SECRET
    GRAYLOG_ROOT_PASSWORD_SHA2
    GRAYLOG_HTTP_PUBLISH_URI
    GRAYLOG_HTTP_EXTERNAL_URI

3. What steps have you already taken to try and solve the problem?
verified correct environment variables. In error message it indicates to look for logs, but I cannot find them within the docker container.

4. How can the community help?
Being able to find the Graylog logs in the docker container indicated in the error message would be good start. Without that I do not have much information as to whats actually wrong.

Helpful Posting Tips: Tips for Posting Questions that Get Answers [Hold down CTRL and link on link to open tips documents in a separate tab]

Hello && Welcome @icsj2007

Ill be honest, I’m not good with Docker but I maybe able to help troubleshoot this issue with you.

This would help, what i found about GL Docker was from here

And this…

And I ran into this forum for Docker.

I believe if you can find your log4j2.xml ( Should be in your Graylog Directory) this should point where your log files are.

As for your Elasticsearch logs with Docker, I have found this. It may help later on.

Normally your Graylog log files would be located in /var/log/graylog-server

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.