Can't install any content packs

Hello @Cheeseman1969

It seems that you have a lot going on. “Less is more.”

I’m going to try to pick out what I can see.
Please format you log files when you post them. Most community members will pass by this post for the simple fact its very hard to read.
Just an FYI , I have multiple Fortinet 200D Firewalls and we do not use none of those content packs but its harder to configure for sure.

First, looks like your INPUT Failed and It looks like you have a permission issues.

Second, Looks like you don’t have GEO database installed.

Third, seams like you have an issue with you index template.

Troubleshooting:

Remove anything prior to these other content packs if possible. The try installing
try installing ONE content pack and see if it works.

Once its running and your receiving data then try the other ones you want, but I think those two are conflicting each other. Might want to check that to.

Last but not least, Did you see this. Perhaps that might be an issue with what version your using.

Tested with Fortigate 601E FortiOs V6.4.4 build 1803 and graylog 4.0.2

have you tried to just create a INPUT Syslog/UDP or Raw/Plaintext UDP? and see if you get messages first before install all these content packs?

For example I run Raw/Plaintext UDP for my Firewalls.

And I do have some extractors which creates fields I need.

I understand the uploading of these content packs are handy specially if your new. Like I stated do one thing at a time get it to work correctly then move on to the other projects.
For a better understand please have a look here. This will help us, help you.

1 Like