Cannot connect graylog to LDAPS

Hello,
I’m trying to connect graylog to my Windows AD via LDAPS, but it is failing.
LDAP connection on port 389 is OK.
LDAPS connection on port 636 is OK after I install the graylog cert on my Windows AD in ‘personnal certificate’.
My certificate is signed by my PKI.
However, when I click for the second time on ‘test connection’: it fails
I got the error:
Couldn’t establish connection to …:636
An error occurred while attempting to connect to server …:636: IOException(LDAPException(resultCode=91 (connect error), errorMessage=‘An error occured while attempting to establish a connection to server …:636: SocketException(Connection reset),ldapSDKVersion=6.0.10, revision=…’))

Graylog-server is in 5.2.4.

I’ve tried to see the eventviewer in my AD, I got an error: The directory service has disconnected the LDAP connection from the following network address due to a time-out. (event 1317).

nc-vz MY_DC.MY_AREA 636 → open

realm list → joined to my domain.

I’ve tried to disable nftable but it’s not usefull

I can’t see anything relevant in /var/log/graylog-server .

I’ve 2 DC. The same error happened on the second DC. After that, I delete the certificate on the DC, reimport it but id didn’t work anymore.

I tried that again few hours later and LDAPS worked again for 1 time only.

Have you got any idea why it works only 1 time?

Hey @Biidoox

Did you check for ports that need to be opened? if so you can use ldapsearch. It will return an error if you cannot query the LDAP Server. Maybe that will give you some better insight on what’s going on.

I also found this here.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.