What would you like to see in the community?

Members:
Checking in with suggestions on how we can improve the Graylog community. What would make your experience a better experience. What do you need to help you along your Graylog User Journey?

Here are a couple of suggestions I’ve gotten from members:

• A cookbook of JSON and grok templates built by members
  • Pipeline rules shared by members

What would you like to see in your community?

1 Like

Hi @dscryber,
realy nice suggestions to start.

I would also suggest next topics:

• Howtos for different topics by members. E.g. how to setup monitoring of Active Directory, Windows, Apache, Nginx, Cisco switches, Fortigate firewalls and so on.
  • Production templates for filebeat, winlogbeat, nxlog, rsyslog to rapid start logging shared by community.
2 Likes

Thanks, shoothub, for your suggestions. They validate some of the needs I’m hearing in our community, I’d like to implement a category for templates (filebeat, winlogbeat, nxlog, rsyslog, JSON, etc) and pipeline rules.

I’m just wondering if you think I should simply open a new category (with subcategories), or if you, or others in the community, have ideas about what we should label the top category and what other details might be useful to all.

I very much appreciate your participation here. Thank you!

Hi @dscryber,
first of all in my opinion is to distinguish there categories, so it’s obvious that community members should post their experiences, templates, howtos, and don’t ask questions. So not to mix howtos, advices and questions for problems. If there is a option to show some advices and guides on the top of the category, how to use this category, maybe pin some post with it, it would be nice.

Also category-specific topic template in discourse would be nice, to follow some pattern, pre filled headings and advice, how to create helpful post.

I’m fine with new category with subcategories.

1 Like

@dscryber

I’m going to +1 for @shoothub suggestion sounds like a solid plan.

1 Like

It is. Check out the new category, post a template or rule, ask for one, or leave a suggestion here.