Stream not receiving input

I have Graylog setup on Ubuntu 20.04 - I’ve setup 3 instances now with the same results… I have an input coming in but when I setup a stream I get an an error Input did not return a recent message.
I read earlier this is an issue with Elasticsearch - but I followed the instructions, and added everything in the yml file as instructed.
Granted it couldn’t find elasticsearch-oss so I installed the newest version… perhaps that is the issue?
I cannot do anything with the data besides scroll through it because of this.

Hello && Welcome.

Not much information in this post to help you out.
What I do know is:

• Ubuntu 20.04
  • I’ve setup 3 instances now with the same results
  • I get an an error Input did not return a recent message.

Not sure, need more information, if your unsure please read this post.

Two things to note in the installation documentation that you may have missed - Graylog requires Elasticsearch 7.10.2 or BELOW (first yellow part in link)

However, If you have installed the most recent version of Graylog you can use OpenSearch instead of Elasticsearch. Note: Graylog has not made a statement on Opensearch 2.0… yet…

Of course - @gsmith point is still true… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

apparently I was doing this completely wrong - I hadn’t created an index, and I didn’t know how to select the stream which I was trying to do from the input.
Create an index, then save the # from your input, then create a stream where you make a rule with the index you created and use the # for the rule you use to pull data.
Anyways - I can now at least search through the data.

1 Like

This guy goes over it pretty well:

1 Like

kinda funny because that is the video I watched where I made this revelation in the first place! thanks anyway

Hmm… Maybe post that more at the beginning of conversations… :upside_down_face:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.