Still getting search failures under 2.3.1

Hi there

I initially reported an issue with “Unable to perform search query.” under 2.3.0 and that 2.3.1 had fixed it. That is only partially true. Now it happens less - but it still happens. And now it’s solvable by simply re-running the same search - it seems to work the second time? Still no logs in graylog nor elasticsearch logfiles I’m afraid

Jason

Could not execute search
There was an error executing your search. Please check your Graylog server logs for more information.

Error Message:
Unable to perform search query.
Details:
Search status code:
Search response:
cannot GET https://graylog.srv/api/search/universal/relative?query=192.168.75.67&range=1209600&limit=150&sort=timestamp%3Adesc (500)

Every unsuccessful attempt to run a search query should lead to an entry in the Graylog logs and maybe in the Elasticsearch logs.
Make sure that you checked the correct logs. Without any details we cannot help to solve this issue.

This sounds more like an HTTP/APACHE issue to me. Are you running your server behind a reverse proxy or anything?

Yes we are. But the error looks like graylog. How could an error in our Apache reverse proxy trigger an error message like that below (ie is that error message a javascript error wrapped in graylog verbage). That would be interesting to know because we don’t want to be pointing fingers at the wrong component

And to answer @jochen, I did check the logs - there was no error. I also know the logging is working because we use the AWS plugin and it’s very chatty - basically there was nothing for several hours except AWS chatter and index rotation messages

Could not execute search
There was an error executing your search. Please check your Graylog server logs for more information.

Error Message:
Unable to perform search query.
Details:
Search status code:
Search response:
cannot GET https://graylog.srv/api/search/universal/relative?query=192.168.75.67&range=1209600&limit=150&sort=timestamp%3Adesc (500)

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.