Sidecar with Filebeat not working with modules

Hi All,

New to Graylog and have been struggling now for the last 2-3 days to try to get a simple use-case working. I have Graylog server 3 setup and running and a separate Linux box running Apache.

I am trying to configure the Sidecar installed on the Linux box to send Apache logs back to Graylog.

Everything works fine if I explicitly specify the files in the “input” section of the configuration yml. For example, if I use the default example provided:

fields_under_root: true
fields.collector_node_id: ${sidecar.nodeName}
fields.gl2_source_collector: ${sidecar.nodeId}
filebeat.inputs:
- input_tpye: log
  paths:
    - /var/log/*.log
output.logstash:
  hosts: ["10.10.10.10:5044"]
path:
  data: /var/lib/graylog-sidecar/collectors/filebeat/data
  logs: /var/lib/graylog-sidecar/collectors/filebeat/log

However, if I try and do it by adding a module such as the system or apache modules:

fields_under_root: true
    fields.collector_node_id: ${sidecar.nodeName}
    fields.gl2_source_collector: ${sidecar.nodeId}
    filebeat.modules: 
       - module: system
    output.logstash:
      hosts: ["10.10.10.10:5044"]
    path:
      data: /var/lib/graylog-sidecar/collectors/filebeat/data
      logs: /var/lib/graylog-sidecar/collectors/filebeat/log

I have tried various different options and I get different failures such as:

• Not loading modules. Module directory not found: /usr/share/filebeat/bin/module

What am I doing wrong / where am I going wrong with my understanding here! This has to be the simplest usecase for ingestion in Graylog so am assuming I have something completely backwards.

I thought that maybe I needed a Content pack and went looking…but was surprised to find that there is none for Apache? This made me certain that I am completely misunderstanding something!

Any insights greatly appreciated.
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.