Searching for messages using the REST API: json vs csv

Hi All,

I’m hoping you can help me. I’m trying to use the REST API to search for messages.

I have been able to successfully get results from the views/search/messages endpoint but the response is csv and seems to truncate long messages.

It seems like I should be able to use views/search/sync to perform the same search but I haven’t had any success.

Here’s how I’m getting the csv search results:

curl \
     -X POST "https://graylog/api/views/search/messages" \
     -u 'XXXXXX:XXXXXX' \
     -H 'X-Requested-By: clag' \
     -H 'Content-Type: application/json' \
     -H 'Accept: text/csv' \
     -d $'{
  "streams": [ "601b4e875c22306d40d53109" ], "query_string": { "type": "elasticsearch", "query_string": "LoggingInterceptor" }, "timerange": { "type": "relative", "range": 30000 } }'

This is my current attempt to use views/search/sync instead:

curl \
     -X POST "https://graylog/api/views/search/sync" \
     -u 'XXXXXX:XXXXXX' \
     -H 'X-Requested-By: clag' \
     -H 'Content-Type: application/json' \
     -H 'Accept: application/json' \
     -d $'
{
  "queries":
  [
   {
    "id": "blah",
    "query":
    {
      "type": "elasticsearch",
      "query_string": "LoggingInterceptor"
    },
    "timerange": { "type": "relative", "range": 3600 }

}
  ]
}

I don’t get any errors but I don’t get any results. It seems like I’m pretty close to an answer but I’m stumped at the moment.

Graylog version is 3.3

Thanks in advance,
Jeremy

Hello @Jeremy && Welcome

Just touching base, I haven’t used 3.3 version in a couple years. I know there was some change in the API’s but I forgot. I’ll have to go through my notes & see what I can find, unless someone here jumps in.

Here is some old doc’s you can go through.

Thanks for the response. I will have some time next week to look at this again and I’ll get back to you one way or the other.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.