Reading log files from different application process

Hello,
I have graylog server and multiple application server. Some application server have logs in /var folder and some in /home folder …
I am not able to fetch logs in UI what am I doing wrong.???
eg: My Graylog server is at 39 machine and application server is 53(have authentication)

My sidecar collector configuration is
# Needed for Graylog
fields_under_root: true
fields.collector_node_id: {sidecar.nodeName} fields.gl2_source_collector: {sidecar.nodeId}

filebeat.inputs:
- input_type: log
  paths:
    - /home/application/log/nohup*
  type: log
output.logstash:
   hosts: ["192.168.1.53:5044"]
path:
  data: /var/lib/graylog-sidecar/collectors/filebeat/data
  logs: /var/lib/graylog-sidecar/collectors/filebeat/log

and my Input configuration is like:
* bind_address:192.168.1.39
* no_beats_prefix:false
* number_worker_threads:1
* override_source:
* port:5044
* recv_buffer_size:1048576
* tcp_keepalive:false
* tls_cert_file:
* tls_client_auth:disabled
* tls_client_auth_cert_file:
* tls_enable:false
* tls_key_file:
* tls_key_password:********

I am not able to fetch logs in UI what am I doing wrong.???

I do not get what you want to configure here … I guess you want to configure filebeat? Why did you want to configure the output to the application server?

You run:

[ APP Server ( filebeat - collecting all logs you like ) ] – default port 5044 TCP–> [ Graylog (having one input running for beats) ]

guess you want to configure filebeat?
I have multiple modules in the Application like kafka, database, UI Server, API server, gateway, iot server … they are generating their respective logs on their respective servers … i want to feed all those logs to graylog server which in my case is 192.168.1.39… as i am newbee to graylog

I tried to log local logs which are on 192.168.1.39 itsself they are visible on UI but these external logs are not reflecting .

so your question is:

How can I configure Filebeat to send logs from any server to Graylog.

The answer you have written in your first post: Reading log files from different application process

But you need to adjust the Output section to have your Graylog server IP.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.