Not receiving TCP messages

Before you post: Your responses to these questions will help the community help you. Please complete this template if you’re asking a support question.
Don’t forget to select tags to help index your topic!

1. Describe your incident:
Input Syslog TCP on port 1514 not receiving messages on graylog, but I can see traffic when I run “sudo tcpdump -i any -v port 1514”

2. Describe your environment:

• OS Information: Ubuntu 20.04

• Package Version:graylog v. 4.2.9

• Service logs, configurations, and environment variables:
    All standard. Elastic search, mongo, graylog, etc. all services running with no errors.

3. What steps have you already taken to try and solve the problem?
-re-creating the input
-sending logs from more devices

4. How can the community help?
Hi all. New to graylog and the community, please help me troubleshot why I am not receiving TCP logs in port 1514 from Input Syslog TCP (Syslog UDP is fine, I am receiving messages in graylog platform).

Helpful Posting Tips: Tips for Posting Questions that Get Answers [Hold down CTRL and link on link to open tips documents in a separate tab]

Hello && Welcome @holiveir

I might be able to help. This could be a couple of different solution.

We would need to know the following:

• Show the configuration on the input used.

• Date/Time are correct. Located under System/Overview → Time configuration

• What do you see in the log files that may pertain to this issue (i.e. Elasticsearch, MongoDb, Graylog, etc…)

• Have you tried a different type of input, for example Syslog UDP?

• Is this a fresh install?

• Are there any extractors or pipeline running on this INPUT?

Hi @gsmith, it was the Date/Time that was not sync between user, system and web browser. I receive logs normally now. Thanks for your input, it helped me to do some more specific research and troubleshooting.

1 Like

Hello,

It happens, glad I could help. If you could mark this as resolved for future searches that would be great.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.