Multiple alert emails with separate SMTP destinations

Graylog Version: 4.0.14

I want to configure an additional email to send alerts to (separate provider). In /etc/graylog/server/server.conf theres only one email transport section.

# Email transport
transport_email_enabled = true
transport_email_hostname = smtp.gmail.com
transport_email_port = 587
transport_email_use_auth = true
transport_email_use_tls = true
transport_email_auth_username = @gmail.com
transport_email_auth_password = 
transport_email_subject_prefix = [Alerts]
transport_email_from_email = @gmail.com

If I want to add a second email associated with a different smtp server, how do I go about adding another transport_email section without affecting the existing one?

I feel this is super simple, but can’t find anything about this anywhere. The wiki doesn’t even go into setting up a single smtp destination.

Are you required to use two separate transports? In the alert you can define any address to send to you want, including external distribution groups…

I need to use a separate SMTP server with separate authentication and destination email. In the GUI, under alerts, under notifications, when creating a new notification there is no option to specify an SMTP server or auth for it.

I think you would have to submit a feature request or have it handled outside of Graylog.

1 Like

Submitted.
Going to leave this here for reference

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.