Migrating from testing AMI (2.4) to 3.0 deployment

Team decided we wanted to go with graylog for our log aggregation after testing out the AMI appliance and reaching our limits. Currently have 1 server node and 4 data nodes set up. Looking to move to a more robust deployment as outlined in the big production section of the docs.

Currently have 1 server node up (with mongo installed) and 1 ES node up to test. The problem I am running into is trying to migrate our mongodb from 2.4 to 3.0. I believe the 2.4 version is using a much older mongo version (3.4.9 to 4.0.10). I’ve tried a straight rsync of /var/opt/graylog/data/mongodb but that was giving compatibility errors.

Also to note, I am not able to connect to the mongo db on my ami deploy due to login failures (I know for a fact the logins I set were still the same using graylog-ctl set-mongodb-password -a -u user -p pass

Anyone happen to be able to point me in the right direction here?

Looks like I was able to solve this on my own. It required installing mongo 3.2, 3.4 and then 3.6 on a test box. Had to run repairs and set the compatibility to the versions each time. Once that was completed, mongod would start up with the migrated DB and graylog was showing the changes.

Hope this helps anyone that has this issue.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.