I try to install GrayLog 3.2 in a different way - using docker (docker compose). All containers are up. I’ve tried to use env_file to put my pass in another file, but it didn’t work. Also, I tried with GRAYLOG_PASSWORD_SECRET. I put my own pass and then I run the command echo -n “mypass” | sha256sum and put the result on GRAYLOG_ROOT_PASSWORD_SHA2. The command docker-compose up run without erros, but I recieve the message at the login screen: Invalid credentials, please verify them and retry.
I need any extra configuration or field to make it work?
This documentation should help.
I think maybe your steps are out of order.
- Generate a password secret
pwgen -N 1 -s 96
- Place that secret in the configuration for password_secret (GRAYLOG_PASSWORD_SECRET)
- Pick an admin password. (e.g.
- Hash that password using the command
echo -n "Enter Password: " && head -1 </dev/stdin | tr -d '\n' | sha256sum | cut -d" " -f1
- Place the password hash (from step 4) in the configuration for root_password_sha2 (GRAYLOG_ROOT_PASSWORD_SHA2)
- Log in with username admin and the non-hashed password (from step 3)
Let us know if that works!
Thanks! My problem was the pwgen command. It works!
This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.