Hi,
I try to install GrayLog 3.2 in a different way - using docker (docker compose). All containers are up. I’ve tried to use env_file to put my pass in another file, but it didn’t work. Also, I tried with GRAYLOG_PASSWORD_SECRET. I put my own pass and then I run the command echo -n “mypass” | sha256sum and put the result on GRAYLOG_ROOT_PASSWORD_SHA2. The command docker-compose up run without erros, but I recieve the message at the login screen: Invalid credentials, please verify them and retry.
I need any extra configuration or field to make it work?
Hello @osvaldofilho!
This documentation should help.
https://docs.graylog.org/en/3.3/pages/getting_started/configure.html
I think maybe your steps are out of order.
- Generate a password secret
pwgen -N 1 -s 96
- Place that secret in the configuration for password_secret (GRAYLOG_PASSWORD_SECRET)
- Pick an admin password. (e.g.
hunter2)
- Hash that password using the command
echo -n "Enter Password: " && head -1 </dev/stdin | tr -d '\n' | sha256sum | cut -d" " -f1
- Place the password hash (from step 4) in the configuration for root_password_sha2 (GRAYLOG_ROOT_PASSWORD_SHA2)
- Log in with username admin and the non-hashed password (from step 3)
Let us know if that works!
Thanks! My problem was the pwgen command. It works!