Logging deleted things

Today I accidentally deleted an alert condition. The problem is, I don’t know which one I deleted.
The setup was simple enough. I made a different alert Condition, and then upon reassessing things I realized I didn’t need it. I thought I clicked Delete in the pull down menu of the correct Condition, but upon affirming that I wanted to delete the Condition, the Condition I thought I was deleting was still in the list.

I can see the log of the API call which deleted it, but ‘04d0ac88-aadf-44c4-8dbe-ac1c8da0d6f3’ isn’t much help remembering what that Condition was called or what it was for.

In this case I was able to search back through some old Slack alerts to find the name of the Condition, but I was surprised to see that such things are so fiddly to undo. Can deleted things get logged somewhere with the name of the object that was deleted, please?

Feel free to create a feature request at Issues · Graylog2/graylog2-server · GitHub.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.