Issues with a new certificate

i had to change the certificate on the server for a new one, since i did that,

when i try to connect i get the following error:

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to 10.161.90.23:9000. Peer’s certificate has an invalid signature. Error code: SEC_ERROR_BAD_SIGNATURE

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem.

any idea what might be the problem with it?

the thing is that graylog service started, and i don’t see any error in the graylog file…

i have removed java, deleted every file related to it, and cacerts.jks, and big surprise, after i install java again, the certificate is still present…

how is that possible?

because you use your own JVM Keystore (as described in the documentation) and never touched that?

well the idea is that i did a copy of the original one

cp -a /usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.8.0-openjdk-1.8.0.161-0.b14.el7_4.x86_64/lib/security/cacerts /certs/cacerts.jks

and they i used

keytool -importcert -keystore /certs/cacerts.jks -storepass changeit -alias graylog-self-signed -file graylog-cert.pem

i don’t understand what i did wrong…

Hi Jan,

i changed the approach this time, on a completely new built and server, to make sure the new trust store is picked i went to:
#vi /etc/sysconfig/graylog-server
and configured -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=/certs/cacerts.jks -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword=changeit

now the file looks like

Path to the java executable.

JAVA=/usr/bin/java

Default Java options for heap and garbage collection.

GRAYLOG_SERVER_JAVA_OPTS="-Xms1g -Xmx1g -XX:NewRatio=1 -server -XX:+ResizeTLAB -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSConcurrentMTEnabled -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:-OmitStackTraceInFastThrow -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=/certs/cacerts.jks -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword=changeit"

Pass some extra args to graylog-server. (i.e. “-d” to enable debug mode)

GRAYLOG_SERVER_ARGS=""

Program that will be used to wrap the graylog-server command. Useful to

support programs like authbind.

GRAYLOG_COMMAND_WRAPPER=""

after this i did the following

• create a openssl-graylog.cnf
    with the following:
    [req]
    distinguished_name = req_distinguished_name
    x509_extensions = v3_req
    prompt = no

Details about the issuer of the certificate

[req_distinguished_name]
C = US
ST = Texas
L = Austin
O = Company
OU = IT Security
CN = graylog.test.com

[v3_req]
keyUsage = keyEncipherment, dataEncipherment
extendedKeyUsage = serverAuth
subjectAltName = @alt_names

IP addresses and DNS names the certificate should include

Use IP.### for IP addresses and DNS.### for DNS names,

with “###” being a consecutive number.

[alt_names]
IP.1 = 10.168.184.105
DNS.1 = graylog.test.com

• Created PKCS#5 private key, pkcs5-plain.pem, and X.509 certificate, graylog-cert-plain.pem:
    openssl req -x509 -days 365 -nodes -newkey rsa:2048 -config openssl-graylog.cnf -keyout pkcs5-plain.pem -out graylog-cert.pem

• Converted PKCS#5 private key into an encrypted PKCS#8 private key called graylog-key (using the passphrase secret):
    openssl pkcs8 -in pkcs5-plain.pem -topk8 -out graylog-key.pem -passout pass:secret

• Edited “# vi /etc/graylog/server/server.conf ” with the following:

Enable HTTPS support for the REST API. This secures the communication with the REST API with

TLS to prevent request forgery and eavesdropping. This is disabled by default. Uncomment the

next line to enable it.

rest_enable_tls = true

The X.509 certificate chain file in PEM format to use for securing the REST API.

rest_tls_cert_file = /graylog-cert.pem

The PKCS#8 private key file in PEM format to use for securing the REST API.

rest_tls_key_file = /graylog-key.pem

The password to unlock the private key used for securing the REST API.

rest_tls_key_password = secret

and

Enable HTTPS support for the web interface. This secures the communication of the web browser with the web interface

using TLS to prevent request forgery and eavesdropping.

This is disabled by default. Uncomment the next line to enable it and see the other related configuration settings.

web_enable_tls = true

The X.509 certificate chain file in PEM format to use for securing the web interface.

web_tls_cert_file = /graylog-cert.pem

The PKCS#8 private key file in PEM format to use for securing the web interface.

web_tls_key_file = /graylog-key.pem

The password to unlock the private key used for securing the web interface.

web_tls_key_password = secret

• cp -a /usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.8.0-openjdk-1.8.0.161-0.b14.el7_4.x86_64/lib/security/cacerts /certs/cacerts.jks

keytool -importcert -keystore /certs/cacerts.jks -storepass changeit -alias graylog-self-signed -file graylog-cert.pem

typed yes to add the certificate to keystore

verified the cert with the following command, everything was ok

keytool -keystore /certs/cacerts.jks -storepass changeit -list | grep graylog-self-signed -A1

i went to the on my windows machine to connect to the web interface using https worked perfectly.

to replicate the production environment i had to create a new certificate, removed the current one from the keystore with:

keytool -delete -keystore /certs/cacerts.jks -storepass changeit -alias graylog-self-signed -file graylog-cert.pem

deleted the old certificate, renamed to old certificate to graylog-cert.pem, then i added the new certificate to the store using

started graylog service and when i connected to the webinterface using https, bang the same issue"An error occurred during a connection to 10.168.184.105:9000. Peer’s certificate has an invalid signature. Error code: SEC_ERROR_BAD_SIGNATURE "

after this, i stopped the graylog service, stopped mongo
copied the key and the certificate to another folder than deleted the certs files which contained the new cacerts.jks and all the files, in it.

aftert that i recreated the directory certs and after i copied the original store with:

cp -a /usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.8.0-openjdk-1.8.0.161-0.b14.el7_4.x86_64/lib/security/cacerts /certs/cacerts.jks

moved the key and the cert file to /certs folder and then i imported the cert file again
]# keytool -importcert -keystore /certs/cacerts.jks -storepass changeit -alias graylog-self-signed -file graylog-cert.pem

and big surprise i got the following error:
keytool error: java.lang.Exception: Certificate not imported, alias already exists

it looks like java is not picking up the new store.

honestly i really don’t understand what i’m doing wrong.

can you be so kind to point me in the right direction, please?

Thanks,
Marius.

Certificate not imported, alias already exists

why not change the alias and successfully import the certificate?

id did it

keytool -importcert -keystore /certs/cacerts.jks -storepass changeit -alias graylog-self-signed1 -file graylog-cert.pem

but the error in mozzila persists…
“An error occurred during a connection to 10.168.184.105:9000. Peer’s certificate has an invalid signature. Error code: SEC_ERROR_BAD_SIGNATURE”

in chrome i get

This site can’t provide a secure connection
10.168.184.105 sent an invalid response.
Try running Windows Network Diagnostics.
ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

in edge:

Can’t connect securely to this page
This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s owner.
Try this:
Go back to the last page

i feel like i’m missing something but i dunno what…

my graylog server.conf is this one:
############################

GRAYLOG CONFIGURATION FILE

############################

This is the Graylog configuration file. The file has to use ISO 8859-1/Latin-1 character encoding.

Characters that cannot be directly represented in this encoding can be written using Unicode escapes

as defined in https://docs.oracle.com/javase/specs/jls/se8/html/jls-3.html#jls-3.3, using the \u prefix.

For example, \u002c.

* Entries are generally expected to be a single line of the form, one of the following:

propertyName=propertyValue

propertyName:propertyValue

* White space that appears between the property name and property value is ignored,

so the following are equivalent:

name=Stephen

name = Stephen

* White space at the beginning of the line is also ignored.

* Lines that start with the comment characters ! or # are ignored. Blank lines are also ignored.

* The property value is generally terminated by the end of the line. White space following the

property value is not ignored, and is treated as part of the property value.

* A property value can span several lines if each line is terminated by a backslash (‘\’) character.

For example:

targetCities=\

Detroit,\

Chicago,\

Los Angeles

This is equivalent to targetCities=Detroit,Chicago,Los Angeles (white space at the beginning of lines is ignored).

* The characters newline, carriage return, and tab can be inserted with characters \n, \r, and \t, respectively.

* The backslash character must be escaped as a double backslash. For example:

path=c:\docs\doc1

If you are running more than one instances of Graylog server you have to select one of these

instances as master. The master will perform some periodical tasks that non-masters won’t perform.

is_master = false

The auto-generated node ID will be stored in this file and read after restarts. It is a good idea

to use an absolute file path here if you are starting Graylog server from init scripts or similar.

node_id_file = /etc/graylog/server/node-id

You MUST set a secret to secure/pepper the stored user passwords here. Use at least 64 characters.

Generate one by using for example: pwgen -N 1 -s 96

password_secret = VoXJAbfPyG0PVphlBsAeEjlHi64Z2sUdNWDn6N8jmBtJ4aFwTIW4inKRGUsvS5A86yzyA5jdRCKdhSsd195m8frpuiUAdQBq

The default root user is named ‘admin’

#root_username = admin

You MUST specify a hash password for the root user (which you only need to initially set up the

system and in case you lose connectivity to your authentication backend)

This password cannot be changed using the API or via the web interface. If you need to change it,

modify it in this file.

Create one by using for example: echo -n yourpassword | shasum -a 256

and put the resulting hash value into the following line

root_password_sha2 = 8c6976e5b5410415bde908bd4dee15dfb167a9c873fc4bb8a81f6f2ab448a918

The email address of the root user.

Default is empty

#root_email = “”

The time zone setting of the root user. See http://www.joda.org/joda-time/timezones.html for a list of valid time zones.

Default is UTC

root_timezone = UTC

Set plugin directory here (relative or absolute)

plugin_dir = /usr/share/graylog-server/plugin

REST API listen URI. Must be reachable by other Graylog server nodes if you run a cluster.

When using Graylog Collectors, this URI will be used to receive heartbeat messages and must be accessible for all collectors.

rest_listen_uri = http://10.168.184.105:9000/api/

REST API transport address. Defaults to the value of rest_listen_uri. Exception: If rest_listen_uri

is set to a wildcard IP address (0.0.0.0) the first non-loopback IPv4 system address is used.

If set, this will be promoted in the cluster discovery APIs, so other nodes may try to connect on

this address and it is used to generate URLs addressing entities in the REST API. (see rest_listen_uri)

You will need to define this, if your Graylog server is running behind a HTTP proxy that is rewriting

the scheme, host name or URI.

This must not contain a wildcard address (0.0.0.0).

#rest_transport_uri = http://10.168.184.105:9000/api/

Enable CORS headers for REST API. This is necessary for JS-clients accessing the server directly.

If these are disabled, modern browsers will not be able to retrieve resources from the server.

This is enabled by default. Uncomment the next line to disable it.

#rest_enable_cors = false

Enable GZIP support for REST API. This compresses API responses and therefore helps to reduce

overall round trip times. This is enabled by default. Uncomment the next line to disable it.

#rest_enable_gzip = false

Enable HTTPS support for the REST API. This secures the communication with the REST API with

TLS to prevent request forgery and eavesdropping. This is disabled by default. Uncomment the

next line to enable it.

rest_enable_tls = true

The X.509 certificate chain file in PEM format to use for securing the REST API.

rest_tls_cert_file = /certs/graylog-cert.pem

The PKCS#8 private key file in PEM format to use for securing the REST API.

rest_tls_key_file = /certs/graylog-key.pem

The password to unlock the private key used for securing the REST API.

rest_tls_key_password = secret

The maximum size of the HTTP request headers in bytes.

#rest_max_header_size = 8192

The size of the thread pool used exclusively for serving the REST API.

#rest_thread_pool_size = 16

Comma separated list of trusted proxies that are allowed to set the client address with X-Forwarded-For

header. May be subnets, or hosts.

#trusted_proxies = 127.0.0.1/32, 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1/128

Enable the embedded Graylog web interface.

Default: true

#web_enable = false

Web interface listen URI.

Configuring a path for the URI here effectively prefixes all URIs in the web interface. This is a replacement

for the application.context configuration parameter in pre-2.0 versions of the Graylog web interface.

web_listen_uri = http://10.168.184.105:9000/

Web interface endpoint URI. This setting can be overriden on a per-request basis with the X-Graylog-Server-URL header.

Default: $rest_transport_uri

#web_endpoint_uri =

Enable CORS headers for the web interface. This is necessary for JS-clients accessing the server directly.

If these are disabled, modern browsers will not be able to retrieve resources from the server.

#web_enable_cors = false

Enable/disable GZIP support for the web interface. This compresses HTTP responses and therefore helps to reduce

overall round trip times. This is enabled by default. Uncomment the next line to disable it.

#web_enable_gzip = false

Enable HTTPS support for the web interface. This secures the communication of the web browser with the web interface

using TLS to prevent request forgery and eavesdropping.

This is disabled by default. Uncomment the next line to enable it and see the other related configuration settings.

web_enable_tls = true

The X.509 certificate chain file in PEM format to use for securing the web interface.

web_tls_cert_file = /certs/graylog-cert.pem

The PKCS#8 private key file in PEM format to use for securing the web interface.

web_tls_key_file = /certs/graylog-key.pem

The password to unlock the private key used for securing the web interface.

web_tls_key_password = secret

The maximum size of the HTTP request headers in bytes.

#web_max_header_size = 8192

The size of the thread pool used exclusively for serving the web interface.

#web_thread_pool_size = 16

List of Elasticsearch hosts Graylog should connect to.

Need to be specified as a comma-separated list of valid URIs for the http ports of your elasticsearch nodes.

If one or more of your elasticsearch hosts require authentication, include the credentials in each node URI that

requires authentication.

Default: http://127.0.0.1:9200

elasticsearch_hosts = http://10.168.184.103:9200,http://10.168.184.101:9200,http://10.168.184.102:9200

Maximum amount of time to wait for successfull connection to Elasticsearch HTTP port.

Default: 10 Seconds

#elasticsearch_connect_timeout = 10s

Maximum amount of time to wait for reading back a response from an Elasticsearch server.

Default: 60 seconds

#elasticsearch_socket_timeout = 60s

Maximum idle time for an Elasticsearch connection. If this is exceeded, this connection will

be tore down.

Default: inf

#elasticsearch_idle_timeout = -1s

Maximum number of total connections to Elasticsearch.

Default: 20

#elasticsearch_max_total_connections = 20

Maximum number of total connections per Elasticsearch route (normally this means per

elasticsearch server).

Default: 2

#elasticsearch_max_total_connections_per_route = 2

Maximum number of times Graylog will retry failed requests to Elasticsearch.

Default: 2

#elasticsearch_max_retries = 2

Enable automatic Elasticsearch node discovery through Nodes Info,

see https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/5.4/cluster-nodes-info.html

WARNING: Automatic node discovery does not work if Elasticsearch requires authentication, e. g. with Shield.

Default: false

#elasticsearch_discovery_enabled = true

Filter for including/excluding Elasticsearch nodes in discovery according to their custom attributes,

see https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/5.4/cluster.html#cluster-nodes

Default: empty

#elasticsearch_discovery_filter = rack:42

Frequency of the Elasticsearch node discovery.

Default: 30s

elasticsearch_discovery_frequency = 30s

Enable payload compression for Elasticsearch requests.

Default: false

#elasticsearch_compression_enabled = true

Graylog will use multiple indices to store documents in. You can configured the strategy it uses to determine

when to rotate the currently active write index.

It supports multiple rotation strategies:

- “count” of messages per index, use elasticsearch_max_docs_per_index below to configure

- “size” per index, use elasticsearch_max_size_per_index below to configure

valid values are “count”, “size” and “time”, default is “count”

ATTENTION: These settings have been moved to the database in 2.0. When you upgrade, make sure to set these

to your previous 1.x settings so they will be migrated to the database!

rotation_strategy = count

(Approximate) maximum number of documents in an Elasticsearch index before a new index

is being created, also see no_retention and elasticsearch_max_number_of_indices.

Configure this if you used ‘rotation_strategy = count’ above.

ATTENTION: These settings have been moved to the database in 2.0. When you upgrade, make sure to set these

elasticsearch_max_docs_per_index = 20000000

(Approximate) maximum size in bytes per Elasticsearch index on disk before a new index is being created, also see

no_retention and elasticsearch_max_number_of_indices. Default is 1GB.

Configure this if you used ‘rotation_strategy = size’ above.

#elasticsearch_max_size_per_index = 1073741824

(Approximate) maximum time before a new Elasticsearch index is being created, also see

no_retention and elasticsearch_max_number_of_indices. Default is 1 day.

Configure this if you used ‘rotation_strategy = time’ above.

Please note that this rotation period does not look at the time specified in the received messages, but is

using the real clock value to decide when to rotate the index!

Specify the time using a duration and a suffix indicating which unit you want:

1w = 1 week

1d = 1 day

12h = 12 hours

Permitted suffixes are: d for day, h for hour, m for minute, s for second.

#elasticsearch_max_time_per_index = 1d

Disable checking the version of Elasticsearch for being compatible with this Graylog release.

WARNING: Using Graylog with unsupported and untested versions of Elasticsearch may lead to data loss!

#elasticsearch_disable_version_check = true

Disable message retention on this node, i. e. disable Elasticsearch index rotation.

#no_retention = false

How many indices do you want to keep?

elasticsearch_max_number_of_indices = 20

Decide what happens with the oldest indices when the maximum number of indices is reached.

The following strategies are availble:

- delete # Deletes the index completely (Default)

- close # Closes the index and hides it from the system. Can be re-opened later.

retention_strategy = delete

How many Elasticsearch shards and replicas should be used per index? Note that this only applies to newly created indices.

ATTENTION: These settings have been moved to the database in Graylog 2.2.0. When you upgrade, make sure to set these

to your previous settings so they will be migrated to the database!

elasticsearch_shards = 4
elasticsearch_replicas = 0

Prefix for all Elasticsearch indices and index aliases managed by Graylog.

ATTENTION: These settings have been moved to the database in Graylog 2.2.0. When you upgrade, make sure to set these

elasticsearch_index_prefix = graylog

Name of the Elasticsearch index template used by Graylog to apply the mandatory index mapping.

Default: graylog-internal

#elasticsearch_template_name = graylog-internal

Do you want to allow searches with leading wildcards? This can be extremely resource hungry and should only

be enabled with care. See also: http://docs.graylog.org/en/2.1/pages/queries.html

allow_leading_wildcard_searches = false

Do you want to allow searches to be highlighted? Depending on the size of your messages this can be memory hungry and

should only be enabled after making sure your Elasticsearch cluster has enough memory.

allow_highlighting = false

Analyzer (tokenizer) to use for message and full_message field. The “standard” filter usually is a good idea.

All supported analyzers are: standard, simple, whitespace, stop, keyword, pattern, language, snowball, custom

Elasticsearch documentation: https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/2.3/analysis.html

Note that this setting only takes effect on newly created indices.

elasticsearch_analyzer = standard

Global request timeout for Elasticsearch requests (e. g. during search, index creation, or index time-range

calculations) based on a best-effort to restrict the runtime of Elasticsearch operations.

Default: 1m

#elasticsearch_request_timeout = 1m

Global timeout for index optimization (force merge) requests.

Default: 1h

#elasticsearch_index_optimization_timeout = 1h

Maximum number of concurrently running index optimization (force merge) jobs.

If you are using lots of different index sets, you might want to increase that number.

Default: 20

#elasticsearch_index_optimization_jobs = 20

Time interval for index range information cleanups. This setting defines how often stale index range information

is being purged from the database.

Default: 1h

#index_ranges_cleanup_interval = 1h

Batch size for the Elasticsearch output. This is the maximum (!) number of messages the Elasticsearch output

module will get at once and write to Elasticsearch in a batch call. If the configured batch size has not been

reached within output_flush_interval seconds, everything that is available will be flushed at once. Remember

that every outputbuffer processor manages its own batch and performs its own batch write calls.

(“outputbuffer_processors” variable)

output_batch_size = 500

Flush interval (in seconds) for the Elasticsearch output. This is the maximum amount of time between two

batches of messages written to Elasticsearch. It is only effective at all if your minimum number of messages

for this time period is less than output_batch_size * outputbuffer_processors.

output_flush_interval = 1

As stream outputs are loaded only on demand, an output which is failing to initialize will be tried over and

over again. To prevent this, the following configuration options define after how many faults an output will

not be tried again for an also configurable amount of seconds.

output_fault_count_threshold = 5
output_fault_penalty_seconds = 30

The number of parallel running processors.

Raise this number if your buffers are filling up.

processbuffer_processors = 5
outputbuffer_processors = 3

The following settings (outputbuffer_processor_*) configure the thread pools backing each output buffer processor.

See https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/java/util/concurrent/ThreadPoolExecutor.html for technical details

When the number of threads is greater than the core (see outputbuffer_processor_threads_core_pool_size),

this is the maximum time in milliseconds that excess idle threads will wait for new tasks before terminating.

Default: 5000

#outputbuffer_processor_keep_alive_time = 5000

The number of threads to keep in the pool, even if they are idle, unless allowCoreThreadTimeOut is set

Default: 3

#outputbuffer_processor_threads_core_pool_size = 3

The maximum number of threads to allow in the pool

Default: 30

#outputbuffer_processor_threads_max_pool_size = 30

UDP receive buffer size for all message inputs (e. g. SyslogUDPInput).

#udp_recvbuffer_sizes = 1048576

Wait strategy describing how buffer processors wait on a cursor sequence. (default: sleeping)

Possible types:

- yielding

Compromise between performance and CPU usage.

- sleeping

Compromise between performance and CPU usage. Latency spikes can occur after quiet periods.

- blocking

High throughput, low latency, higher CPU usage.

- busy_spinning

Avoids syscalls which could introduce latency jitter. Best when threads can be bound to specific CPU cores.

processor_wait_strategy = blocking

Size of internal ring buffers. Raise this if raising outputbuffer_processors does not help anymore.

For optimum performance your LogMessage objects in the ring buffer should fit in your CPU L3 cache.

Must be a power of 2. (512, 1024, 2048, …)

ring_size = 65536

inputbuffer_ring_size = 65536
inputbuffer_processors = 2
inputbuffer_wait_strategy = blocking

Enable the disk based message journal.

message_journal_enabled = true

The directory which will be used to store the message journal. The directory must me exclusively used by Graylog and

must not contain any other files than the ones created by Graylog itself.

ATTENTION:

If you create a seperate partition for the journal files and use a file system creating directories like ‘lost+found’

in the root directory, you need to create a sub directory for your journal.

Otherwise Graylog will log an error message that the journal is corrupt and Graylog will not start.

message_journal_dir = /var/lib/graylog-server/journal

Journal hold messages before they could be written to Elasticsearch.

For a maximum of 12 hours or 5 GB whichever happens first.

During normal operation the journal will be smaller.

#message_journal_max_age = 12h
#message_journal_max_size = 5gb

#message_journal_flush_age = 1m
#message_journal_flush_interval = 1000000
#message_journal_segment_age = 1h
#message_journal_segment_size = 100mb

Number of threads used exclusively for dispatching internal events. Default is 2.

#async_eventbus_processors = 2

How many seconds to wait between marking node as DEAD for possible load balancers and starting the actual

shutdown process. Set to 0 if you have no status checking load balancers in front.

lb_recognition_period_seconds = 3

Journal usage percentage that triggers requesting throttling for this server node from load balancers. The feature is

disabled if not set.

#lb_throttle_threshold_percentage = 95

Every message is matched against the configured streams and it can happen that a stream contains rules which

take an unusual amount of time to run, for example if its using regular expressions that perform excessive backtracking.

This will impact the processing of the entire server. To keep such misbehaving stream rules from impacting other

streams, Graylog limits the execution time for each stream.

The default values are noted below, the timeout is in milliseconds.

If the stream matching for one stream took longer than the timeout value, and this happened more than “max_faults” times

that stream is disabled and a notification is shown in the web interface.

#stream_processing_timeout = 2000
#stream_processing_max_faults = 3

Length of the interval in seconds in which the alert conditions for all streams should be checked

and alarms are being sent.

#alert_check_interval = 60

Since 0.21 the Graylog server supports pluggable output modules. This means a single message can be written to multiple

outputs. The next setting defines the timeout for a single output module, including the default output module where all

messages end up.

Time in milliseconds to wait for all message outputs to finish writing a single message.

#output_module_timeout = 10000

Time in milliseconds after which a detected stale master node is being rechecked on startup.

#stale_master_timeout = 2000

Time in milliseconds which Graylog is waiting for all threads to stop on shutdown.

#shutdown_timeout = 30000

MongoDB connection string

See https://docs.mongodb.com/manual/reference/connection-string/ for details

#mongodb_uri = mongodb://localhost/graylog

Authenticate against the MongoDB server

#mongodb_uri = mongodb://grayloguser:secret@localhost:27017/graylog

Use a replica set instead of a single host

mongodb_uri = mongodb://grayloguser:graylogpassword@graylog1:27017,graylog2:27017,graylog3:27017/graylog

Increase this value according to the maximum connections your MongoDB server can handle from a single client

if you encounter MongoDB connection problems.

mongodb_max_connections = 1000

Number of threads allowed to be blocked by MongoDB connections multiplier. Default: 5

If mongodb_max_connections is 100, and mongodb_threads_allowed_to_block_multiplier is 5,

then 500 threads can block. More than that and an exception will be thrown.

http://api.mongodb.com/java/current/com/mongodb/MongoOptions.html#threadsAllowedToBlockForConnectionMultiplier

mongodb_threads_allowed_to_block_multiplier = 5

Drools Rule File (Use to rewrite incoming log messages)

See: http://docs.graylog.org/en/2.1/pages/drools.html

#rules_file = /etc/graylog/server/rules.drl

Email transport

#transport_email_enabled = false
#transport_email_hostname = mail.example.com
#transport_email_port = 587
#transport_email_use_auth = true
#transport_email_use_tls = true
#transport_email_use_ssl = true
#transport_email_auth_username = you@example.com
#transport_email_auth_password = secret
#transport_email_subject_prefix = [graylog]
#transport_email_from_email = graylog@example.com

Specify and uncomment this if you want to include links to the stream in your stream alert mails.

This should define the fully qualified base url to your web interface exactly the same way as it is accessed by your users.

#transport_email_web_interface_url = https://graylog.example.com

The default connect timeout for outgoing HTTP connections.

Values must be a positive duration (and between 1 and 2147483647 when converted to milliseconds).

Default: 5s

#http_connect_timeout = 5s

The default read timeout for outgoing HTTP connections.

Values must be a positive duration (and between 1 and 2147483647 when converted to milliseconds).

Default: 10s

#http_read_timeout = 10s

The default write timeout for outgoing HTTP connections.

Default: 10s

#http_write_timeout = 10s

HTTP proxy for outgoing HTTP connections

Examples:

- http://proxy.example.com:8123

- http://username:password@proxy.example.com:8123

#http_proxy_uri =

Disable the optimization of Elasticsearch indices after index cycling. This may take some load from Elasticsearch

on heavily used systems with large indices, but it will decrease search performance. The default is to optimize

cycled indices.

#disable_index_optimization = true

Optimize the index down to <= index_optimization_max_num_segments. A higher number may take some load from Elasticsearch

on heavily used systems with large indices, but it will decrease search performance. The default is 1.

#index_optimization_max_num_segments = 1

The threshold of the garbage collection runs. If GC runs take longer than this threshold, a system notification

will be generated to warn the administrator about possible problems with the system. Default is 1 second.

#gc_warning_threshold = 1s

Connection timeout for a configured LDAP server (e. g. ActiveDirectory) in milliseconds.

#ldap_connection_timeout = 2000

Disable the use of SIGAR for collecting system stats

#disable_sigar = false

The default cache time for dashboard widgets. (Default: 10 seconds, minimum: 1 second)

#dashboard_widget_default_cache_time = 10s

Automatically load content packs in “content_packs_dir” on the first start of Graylog.

#content_packs_loader_enabled = true

The directory which contains content packs which should be loaded on the first start of Graylog.

content_packs_dir = /usr/share/graylog-server/contentpacks

A comma-separated list of content packs (files in “content_packs_dir”) which should be applied on

the first start of Graylog.

Default: empty

content_packs_auto_load = grok-patterns.json

For some cluster-related REST requests, the node must query all other nodes in the cluster. This is the maximum number

of threads available for this. Increase it, if ‘/cluster/*’ requests take long to complete.

Should be rest_thread_pool_size * average_cluster_size if you have a high number of concurrent users.

proxied_requests_thread_pool_size = 32

@mariusgeonea Please format your posts properly so that they are readable.
:arrow_right: https://community.graylog.org/faq#format-markdown

so, i finally managed to fix it, in an extremely strange manner…

i have generated a new key… and then it worked, i have no idea why this was the solution, but what can i say, i’m happy now :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.