How to add timestamp to index folder in nodes/0/indices

how to add timestamp to index created in folder in nodes/0/indices graylog version 2.4.3

Please elaborate on what you are trying to achieve.

Graylog strore elasticsearch data In
/var/opt/data/elasticsearch/mode/0/indices/random_index_name/ for example 3425dfsf_43322sdfaavssdf i want to change the name of the direktory to (for example) 3425dfsf_43322sdfaavssdf_20180130

Graylog strore elasticsearch data In
/var/opt/data/elasticsearch/mode/0/indices/random_index_name/ for example 3425dfsf_43322sdfaavssdf i want to change the name of the direktory to (for example) 3425dfsf_43322sdfaavssdf_20180130

That is something you can not change.

Elastic changed the way Elasticsearch is working with local dirs in the past releases. You are able to change where the data is stored, but now how Elasticsearch build the internal data structure.

https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/5.6/settings.html

Perhaps can i add sub direktory for example 20180130/3425dfsf_43322sdfaavssdf.
I’m preparing new graylog serwer , for my is important to know what folder contains data from specific index or time , example
3425dfsf_43322sdfaavssdf contains data from index graylog_4 Contains messages up to a few seconds ago
hkj5dfsf_4asdffaavssdf contains data from index graylog_3 Contains messages from 4 days ago up to 4 days ago

That’s currently not possible with Graylog.

Also, you should under no circumstances mess with the internal data files of Elasticsearch if you don’t want to lose data.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.