How stop everything gracefully

Hi,
with Graylog3, now when graylog-ctl dead, what command should I use to stop graylog, elasticsearch and other services gracefully to not mess everything up? Something like good old graylog-ctl stop…

Thanks

stop services one by one - if you want to do this because of system restart, the system will take care of that…

Thanks, but I have two issues 1) I don’t know all their names (mongod, elasticsearch, etc.) 2) I worry about which order I should take.
I need to extend space (using OVA).
I know, how fragile these data stores are - this is my 4th try with graylog. My instalIations broke already due to disk space, power loss (elasticsearch), and last time mongod got corrupted somehow. So, I am bit parranoid :slight_smile:
Could I just download graylog-ctl and use it at least for graylog-ctl status and graylog-ctl stop? I guess this could work and not mess up anything, right?
Thanks

sorry you can’t download it - because it is not maintained anymore and adjusted for Graylog 3.

Stop Graylog, Stop Elasticsearch, Stop MongoDB

That is the order you should use.

Ok. Thank you very much!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.