Graylog startup default view

I recently built a Graylog server for my home. I used the documentation from the Graylog webpage, used an older Dell computer, and installed Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS and Graylog v3.2.
After the installation, I created an Input called Syslog UDP and I see the syslog traffic I’m sending to this server. Simple question, when I start Graylog, there is no data on the screen. I need to pull down the System menu, click Inputs, then click Show received messages.
How do I set Graylog to open my Syslog UDP input when I start Graylog?

he @thegamerfour

I guess you are using the default administrator account? I guess that you did not adjust the timezone for this account to your local timezone? The log you ingest are not including a timezone and Graylog guess that it is UTC and all time information are wrong?

Could this be the reason?

Hi Jan,
Thank you for responding. I am able to view logs from my device but the logs do not display until I click on “Show received messages” on my Inputs. I need to make this Input my default view when I open the URL for Graylog. I don’t think this is a function the time/timezone.
Bruce

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.