Graylog Project Node ID Issue

I’m currently setting up the graylog-project from github (GitHub - Graylog2/graylog-project: Packaging/development helper for Graylog) and having trouble getting it to run without errors. I’ve been following the advice of two links, the graylog-project readme, and this graylog plugin how-to (https://www.rent-a-hero.de/wp/2018/12/03/graylog-2-plugin-howto/). To be clear, I have compiled the project successfully with mvn compile and imported the project repo into IntelliJ IDEA. The server run configurations are set up exactly as specified in the readme. I’ve kept my graylog.conf file minimal, only providing the password_secret and root_password_sha2 as outlined in the graylog how-to. Despite all this, when trying to run the project, it fails with multiples of the following messages:

org.graylog2.plugin.system.NodeId - No node ID file found. Generated: 19f4d748-9e57-4310-bdd6-5a88bc8c2089

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: A metric named org.graylog2.security.MongoDbAuthorizationCacheManager.cache.requests already exists

org.graylog2.bootstrap.CmdLineTool - Guice error (more detail on log level debug): Error injecting constructor, org.graylog2.plugin.system.NodeIdPersistenceException: Unable to persist node ID

1. Error injecting constructor, org.graylog2.plugin.system.NodeIdPersistenceException: Unable to persist node ID

…and other messages and errors related to the node ID. How can I fix this? Every answer I’ve searched for online has not been able to solve the issue or is unclear.
Thanks

the Graylog server is not able to read the node-id from file and more important - It can’t save/persist the new generated file.

That can be found in the Graylog server.conf file (https://docs.graylog.org/en/3.1/pages/configuration/server.conf.html ) as node_id_file referenced. Just change that to something where it can be written or create a file yourself and reference that.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.