Graylog DNS Plugin

Hi all,

maybe I miss something, but I don’t know how to get the DNS resolver plugin working.
Got it from here: GitHub - graylog-labs/graylog-plugin-dnsresolver: Message filter plugin to reverse lookup the source field

The plugin file is placed in the right folder, the server is restarted. I can see it in the log file as loaded:

2018-08-07T09:30:01.503+02:00 INFO  [CmdLineTool] Loaded plugin: DnsResolverFilter 1.2.0 [org.graylog.plugin.filter.dns.DnsResolverFilterPlugin]

What should I do next to see results?
Is it something with the format of the message? I had a look in the source files but wasn’t sure, what’s wrong.

The readme reveals:

This message filter plugin can be used to do DNS lookups for the source field in Graylog messages.

It will just try the above - if possible. No configuration needed/possible.

Hmkay.
Since the term “source” is used in different ways throughout the docs I found, I thought, I could use this plugin for reverse lookup of the src_ip and dst_ip.

you would need to use a lookup table for that - but the current release does not include the dns resolver. You would need to write your own lookup adapter.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.