Graylog Alert Notification to Demisto API (Create new Incident)

Hi all,
I’m trying to figure out, if creating a plugin to send out a certain API Call to Demisto Automation server is the way to go. Surely, I could solve this with an email notification, this however, is only my last option. I haven’t figured out how to create a simple plugin which basically only has to pick some fields put it into a specific API POST and send it away to Demisto to create an incident. Can anybody give me a good start or support on that?
Cheers Koltas

You’ll have to create an alarm callback with your business logic.
http://docs.graylog.org/en/2.4/pages/plugins/alert_notifications.html

Gotcha Jochen! Already went trough that section. So I have to create a plugin?
The sample in this section of the doc is outdated however. Anything on that?

Cheers Koltas

Yes.

Please elaborate.

Alright!

Since I’m not a DEV I kinda need a point to start off. I went trough the marketplace already to find a simple api call alert callback source to work from there. Is there a tutorial or FAQ or a updated minimal plugin code for alert callbacks? Cheers for your help Jochen! =)

Why do you think the code is outdated?

Well the Version is 2.2 and there is also an issue flagging that. Or am I missing something huge here?

As long as you don’t need to build any extensions for the web interface, you should be fine.

Aight! I’m going to it then, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.