Graylog 6.0.3 System notification events disabled

Before you post: Your responses to these questions will help the community help you. Please complete this template if you’re asking a support question.
Don’t forget to select tags to help index your topic!

1. Describe your incident:
I had modified the built-in “System notification events” to send out an email notification when triggered. When I saved it, it was perma in the disabled state and the enable button is grayed out. Even after removing the email notification the event will not re-enable.

2. Describe your environment:

• OS Information:
    Ubuntu 22.04 AWS
  • Package Version:
    6.0.3 in a Docker Compose
  • Service logs, configurations, and environment variables:

3. What steps have you already taken to try and solve the problem?
Remove changes made setting back to a default state.

4. How can the community help?
Getting help on how I can re-enable the built-in “System notification events”

Helpful Posting Tips: Tips for Posting Questions that Get Answers [Hold down CTRL and link on link to open tips documents in a separate tab]

This is a frontend bug. System Events should be permanently enabled.
I filed a bug. Meanwhile, you can use bulk actions to enable it.

Along with Patrick’s reply and bug which we will clean up shortly, even though the System Notification Event says it is disabled events are still created. The event type works differently than all others. Its events are manually triggered outside of the EventProcessorEngine and will fire no matter what the state of the event definition itself is. So rest assured even if your event definition says it is disabled, you did not miss any events that may have fired while it was marked as such.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply Patrick and Zacko. I thought I had added to my OP that even though it states it is disabled it seems to still be enabled and working just fine.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.