Graylog 5.2 default login admin

New install on Rocky Linux 9.3 using the Graylog-guide step-by-step (the Opensearch-route) and MongoDB 6.

Everything went without issues on install. But I can’t login with the admin and the “echo -n “Enter Password: " && head -1 </dev/stdin | tr -d ‘\n’ | sha256sum | cut -d” " -f1” password I put into the root_password_sha2 variable at /etc/graylog/server/server.conf.

After the first failed login, I stopped graylog and did the same routine once more. I have also rebooted. But entering “admin” and my chosen password simply do not work.

I tried to encrypt the password in a different way because a forum suggested I needed to put password in single quotes during generation, but I got the same string as the one I got from following the manual, so it just confirmed that the password I chosen is the correct one.

I’m thinking it isn’t the password and rather something else. Maybe some communication with backend somewhere. What can it be?

Randomly, I was thinking I would try to find a log for graylog and as soon as I entered tail -30 /var/log/graylog-server/server.log, it shows me a password there :laughing:

Documentation lacking here? I got in with that password.

Did you get taken to the regular Graylog login screen with the giant Graylog image and the login to the left, or was it another type of login. If some things in the setup are missed you can be taken to the beta preflight check which I believe does use a different login than you created.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.