Create AD-authenticated user

Hi community,

Am sure I’m being very stupid and/or blind but I can’t see a way to create a new user with AD-authentication. I’m using the open source edition, version 4.2 and this is a new installation. I’ve configured the AD auth service and verified it can connect etc but I just don’t see an obvious way (and I’ve looked through the documentation) to create a user that is AD-authenticated.

Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

IanM

AFAIK it’s not possible to create an AD authenticated user from within Graylog. The integration serves as a one-way sync from your AD instance to Graylog, so you’d need to create the user in AD.

1 Like

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for the quick response! Unfortunately I was not clear in my question so my apologies. I already have the users in Active Directory, I’m looking for a way to create a “login” (for want of a better term) for specific (already existing) AD users into Graylog. Is there a method to do this?

Cheers,

IanM

It will be automatically created after first login using AD account to graylog web UI.

So any AD account is able to login to Graylog and then a Graylog-related account is generated as a result? Because that doesn’t seem to work for me (so maybe my AD config is incorrect although it looks okay as far as I’ve been able tell).

Please post your LDAP config in graylog… Does the LDAP test work for you?

Never mind, I’m an idiot. I didn’t see the “activate” button for the AD service. Now that I have and I’ve clicked it, magically it all works! :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks both for your responses, much appreciated!

Cheers,

IanM

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.