Convert french string date to timestamp

Hi all,

I’m found out that one of the application log file use french date pattern like this : mar. mars 6 12:00:00 UTC 2018.
So I succeeded to convert most of the date with extractor and converter except for the month… so I can have only a timestamp like this : 2018-01-06T12:00:00
I can’t find a way to convert the string “mars” to something usable (mars/march, avril/april, juin/june, juillet/july, etc.).
Is there any way to extract the date or convert it into new field and extract it afterward?

thx by advance,

Arnaud

You can use the parse_date() with the locale fr for correcting the date/time of the message.

And the obligatory note: timestamps in log files should follow ISO 8601.

Thanks Jochen,

We are running the 2.2 graylog version on our operational plateform. I see that in this version there is no way to specify the language.
Is there any solution or workaround to make it work on 2.2 version?

Best regards,

Arnaud

No. You’ll have to upgrade or create your own backport of the respective functionality.

Ok, so do you mean that I can do it only by using pipelines or provided tools? or do I have to code something beside? Because I can’t upgrade graylog at the moment even if I wish…

You would have to create a back-port of the new code for the parse_date() function from Graylog 2.4.3 into Graylog 2.2.x and build your own version of the Graylog Pipeline Processor plugin to use with your version of Graylog.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.