The error I receive:
Error: Notification has email recipients and is triggered, but sending emails failed. Sending the email to the following server failed : smtp. office365. com:587
transport_email_enabled = true transport_email_hostname = smtp.office365.com transport_email_port = 587 transport_email_use_auth = true transport_email_auth_username = email@example.com transport_email_auth_password = MyPassword transport_email_subject_prefix = [graylog] transport_email_from_email = firstname.lastname@example.org # Encryption settings # # ATTENTION: # Using SMTP with STARTTLS *and* SMTPS at the same time is *not* possible. # Use SMTP with STARTTLS, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opportunistic_TLS transport_email_use_tls = true # Use SMTP over SSL (SMTPS), see en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMTPS # This is deprecated on most SMTP services! #transport_email_use_ssl = false
What I have tried:
- Setting transport_email_use_auth to FALSE
- Setting transport_email_use_tls to FALSE and transport_email_use_ssl to TRUE
- I have verified that the username and password are correct by (a) browsing in a web browser to Office.com, (b) pasting the email address, and © pasting the password. The email account works with this username and password.
- Read this forum page and verified that the “Sender” field on the Graylog alarms page is the same as the email address as in the server.conf file: How to configure email notifications Office365
- My server.log file has entries like this (I’m not sure if this is relevant/helpful):
2020-10-12T08:47:57.283-04:00 WARN [AuditEventModelProcessor] REST endpoint not included in audit trail: POST /plugins/org.graylog.enterprise.integrations/office365/inputs
2020-10-12T08:47:57.283-04:00 WARN [AuditEventModelProcessor] REST endpoint not included in audit trail: POST /plugins/org.graylog.enterprise.integrations/office365/checkSubscriptions
2020-10-12T08:47:57.284-04:00 WARN [AuditEventModelProcessor] REST endpoint not included in audit trail: POST /plugins/org.graylog.enterprise.integrations/office365/startSubscription
I have looked at other posts on the forum and tried various suggestions, but I’m running out of ideas. It’s probably something embarrassingly simple that I need to change, but I’ve given up.