Can Graylog Sidecar windows filebeat cause iis service down or Resources consumption?

I have installed Grayloy sidecar on windows server to get log which output from .Netfromework application(running in IIS). to send log to graylog server i used windows filebeat.
here is my configuration:

Needed for Graylog

fields_under_root: true
fields.collector_node_id: {sidecar.nodeName} fields.gl2_source_collector: {sidecar.nodeId}

output.logstash:
hosts: [“graylog-server-ip:5044”]
path:
data: C:\Program Files\Graylog\sidecar\cache\filebeat\data
logs: C:\Program Files\Graylog\sidecar\logs
tags:

• windows
    filebeat.inputs:
  • type: log
    enabled: true
    paths:
    • C:\path-to\application-log\*.log

I have no idea why server down. I am not sure it cause by graylog sidecar or other reasons.
thanks

@phalla You can check Graylog server logs and sidecar.logs to know the cause of it. If possible share your suspicious errors logs here in case need further assitance.

@makarands
here are the logs i got from 2 file sidecar.log and filebeat from client server(windows server)
***Error from sidecar.log
level=error msg="[UpdateRegistration] Bad response from Graylog server: 502 Bad Gateway
*** Error from filebeat log
2020-07-15T09:08:31.705+0700 ERROR pipeline/output.go:100 Failed to connect to
backoff(async(tcp://graylog-server-ip:5044)
): dial tcp graylog-server-ip:5044: connectex: No connection could be made because the target machine
actively refused it.

Note: one thing i notice that the log files that output from .Netframework application is written new lines less than 1s

you should check your Graylog server why it is down … that will tell you (maybe) the server.log of Graylog.

@jan
Thank so much for your responses, i figure out the problem. it is because of sidecar service conflict with another service that try to achieve the log files.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.