ATT home modem is going to syslog

Before you post: Your responses to these questions will help the community help you. Please complete this template if you’re asking a support question.
Don’t forget to select tags to help index your topic!

1. Describe your incident:
finding active connections from ATT dsl modem

2. Describe your environment:

• OS Information:

• Package Version:

• Service logs, configurations, and environment variables:
    everything is working fine the way it should…

3. What steps have you already taken to try and solve the problem?

4. How can the community help?
how do i locate plex connections? would my att modem have this in there?

Helpful Posting Tips: Tips for Posting Questions that Get Answers [Hold down CTRL and link on link to open tips documents in a separate tab]

Is your modem a router too, and is it configured to send syslog to your Graylog server? Even so, it depends on your modem/router’s logging settings whether it reports every active connection to the configured syslog server output.

If your modem is logging to your Graylog, perhaps look for traffic over certain Plex-specific ports, or check for plex-related domain names in any outbound URLs, or even look through the Plex-owned IP address space in your destination IP field.

There’s a bit more we need to know about your network to advise you how to find these connections. Perhaps even set up a tcpdump on your router or a device using Plex to see what ports, hostnames, or IP’s it is using, then check your Graylog server for occurrences of those values.

Are you referring to connections to your internal Plex server, or a public one?

connections would be external (ones i would care about), how do you search for anything over a specific port?

Should just be able to do a string search for the port, i.e. “32400”. Can you post a log sample? I can probably help you make sense of the rest of your data too.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.