Alert when certain source didn't receive logs within x minutes

Before you post: Your responses to these questions will help the community help you. Please complete this template if you’re asking a support question.
Don’t forget to select tags to help index your topic!

1. Describe your incident:
Hi, I’m currently monitoring about ~500 devices’ logs (mostly windows os), and I find it really hard to keep track of every single device at once. I’ve been reading every posts about creating an alert whenever a source receive no log but those didn’t work for me as I want a specific alert like “Computer x received no log within y minutes”. Looking forward for the right way to solve this, thanks.

2. Describe your environment:

• OS Information: Windows 10, 11

• Package Version: Graylog v4.3.7

• Service logs, configurations, and environment variables:

3. What steps have you already taken to try and solve the problem?
I have a similar version of this kind of alert to fire a notification when a stream is not receiving log, but to monitor sources is a different concept and I’m still finding a way to make this possible.
4. How can the community help?
Help me brainstorming or discuss any idea that would work.

Helpful Posting Tips: Tips for Posting Questions that Get Answers [Hold down CTRL and link on link to open tips documents in a separate tab]

Hello && Welcome @kien227

Yeah, only way that is possible, or close too what you want would be something like this.

I created a widget just for source count like this…

So if it drops or increases I do know a device was added or removed. I have to match the list of source from the day before.

Might want to check in Github or ask for a feature request here

Yeah I’ve seen this solution. I think it would be a nice alternative way using card() function. However if I use this I will have to make a list of all 500 machines… which is not what I’m aiming for. I would prefer knowing which machine is absent. Thanks for your reply, I would consider this later.

For 500 Machines it would be worth it to script the creation of the alert. You can do this with the REST-API. When we put wlerts in based on scripts we mention this in the description, and also have a script to delete them all again based on the description. If we update, we delete them all and implement the new list.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.