Alert if source goes silent

Hi guys,

I’m wondering about a way to generate an alert when one of my sources (eventlog from windows clients) goes silent (doesn’t send in messages for some time).
I was orginally thinking about using “when less than 1 messages in X minutes for source Y”, but creating a stream/condition for each of my windows clients is a bit tedious and rather messy. Also quite noisy when various clients are simply not used (not running) for a couple of days.
appreciate any ideas.

cheers
Johannes

he @taxter

with the current release of Graylog that is not (easy) possible. Upcoming Version will make this kind of alert possible.

The request is similar to https://github.com/Graylog2/graylog2-server/issues/809 but if you feel that this does not describe what you need and want - and no other issue makes it clear, please open a new one.

Thanks Jan, that issue sounds very much like the kind of feature i am looking for!

By “upcoming version …” you mean this particular issue is scheduled for the next release?

eagerly-awaiting-upcoming-version

@taxter

upcoming in this situation means not 2.5 or 3.0 - more something after that. But improving the alerting will be the next focus for us.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.