Web interface not working behind Nginx


I just installed Graylog by following the documentation.
Graylog is on a dedicated server (VM) and behind a reverse proxy (Nginx).
When I enter the url, I find a blank page.
In the chrome console, I have errors:

Mixed Content: The page at ‘’ was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure script ‘’. This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS


http_bind_address =
http_external_uri = http://subdomain.mydomain.fr/
trusted_proxies = XX.XX.XX.XX/32


server {
server_name www.subdomain.mydomain.fr subdomain.mydomain.fr;

location / {
	proxy_set_header Host $http_host;
	proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Host $host;
	proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Server $host;
	proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
	proxy_set_header X-Graylog-Server-URL http://$server_name/;



he @mourad

did you run your nginx https or http? That is missing


At the beginning, I tried in HTTP and the result was the same. Now I have installed the HTTPS certificate on the reverse proxy (with certbot --nginx).
Between reverse and VM graylog, it’s HTTP.


when you have https you need to adjust that in the nginx configuration:

	proxy_set_header X-Graylog-Server-URL https://$server_name/;

Thank you for that answer.

I modified the virtual host.
Now I still have a blank page, but with the following error in the chrome console:

Failed to load resource: net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED
vendor.91c91d4a31d54d96392a.js:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED
polyfill.d5c12e9afb78da9fb1e7.js:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED
builtins.d5c12e9afb78da9fb1e7.js:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED
plugin.org.graylog.plugins.threatintel.ThreatIntelPlugin.af7c0b9d454081eb456f.js:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED
plugin.org.graylog.plugins.collector.CollectorPlugin.d07ac6288c8f9cbb7a66.js:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED
plugin.org.graylog.aws.AWSPlugin.2ddc104d2d22d32fea21.js:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED
app.d5c12e9afb78da9fb1e7.js:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

Since the previous modification, by looking at the chrome network tab, some files have a “failed” status

erreur graylog

If anyone has an info.
Thank you.

Your http_exernal_uri should be adjusted to https as well. What is the reason for the requests to fail? Presumambly it is a connection problem not a HTTP status problem. Please compare the uris of these requests (after selection one, you get detailed information about it on the right side) to what you would expect them to go to (Correct Protocol, domain/IP etc.)


I already tried to add the “s” to http_exernal_uri. The result is the same.

Here is the detail part:

Only the 1st seems ok.

I specify that I also tried the private navigation with disabled module (some forum speaks of adblock). But always the same.

Thank you

Additional information. When I test with firefox, the result is the same, but with slightly different info.
In the console, the error message is:

Failed to load for the <script> element whose source is "https://www.logs-manager.autosecuritas-dev.fr/config.js".

And in the network tab, here is the result

The message in the bubble (the one written in French) indicates:

"The connection used to retrieve this resource was not encrypted."

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.