Unable to start graylog collect sidecar - nxlog backend service

Hello all, very new to Graylog overall. We had a successful Graylog 2.4.6 setup (elasticsearch 5.6, mongo db 2.6.12) and I have recently upgraded to Graylog 3.0. The installation has gone well and I am able to access the webUI. I started migrating sidecar-collectors over to the new sidecar today and I am continually running into a situation where the sidecar is showing as running on the overview page until I attempt to push the configuration to it. At that point it activates the service wrapper (nxlog backend) which fails to start throwing a Windows 1053 (The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.) error. The remaining previous legacy version collectors are all still processing logs although the dashboard shows that they are failing. From the Graylog side of things can anyone offer guidance? I am also combing through Windows forums to see if I can find anything from our Windows architecture which may be preventing this.

TIA

Josh

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.