Sidecar 1.1.0 with winlogbeat file lock issue

Hi group have u seen this error ? file is locked by other process. I get this error on some servers like 10 of 200 that are installed and same config and token.

2021-11-25 16:36:15.4767747 +0100 CET m=+0.072002101 write error: failed to rotate backups: failed to rotate backups: rename C:\Program Files\Graylog\sidecar\logs\winlogbeat C:\Program Files\Graylog\sidecar\logs\winlogbeat.1: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
Exiting: error initializing publisher: txfile/open: file=‘C:\Program Files\Graylog\sidecar\cache\winlogbeat\spool.dat’: failed to lock file
file/lock: C:\Program Files\Graylog\sidecar\cache\winlogbeat\spool.dat: file lock failed: file can not be locked right now
spool queue: failed to open file at path ‘C:\Program Files\Graylog\sidecar\cache\winlogbeat\spool.dat’

// Anders

Helpful Posting Tips: Tips for Posting Questions that Get Answers [Hold down CTRL and link on link to open tips documents in a separate tab]

Hello

Yes I have.

You have another application/process accessing that file so its locked. You would need to find the other application/process that is running which is interfering with that log file.
Unfortunately with the lack of information giving it hard to give you a direct answer.

I can get the same results if I used WordPad to open winlogbeat log file when WinLogBeat is trying to rotate log files.

aha okie yes i will try find whats looks the files then… mayby some AV that reads the files

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.