Saved search name not visible on menu/Search dashboard

When in form Search of Graylog (main menu Search item), and loading a saved search with Load button, I cannot see the name of the loaded saved search anywhere in the Search form. I was expecting something like a title, or similar, to indicate the name of the last loaded saved search.

This creates some confusion In case of two or more saved searches that may be very similar to each other - for ex on testing a new copy of something.

best regards
Altin

Hello

When you go to save the SEARCH did you configure the title?

EDIT: Have you tried adjusting how many you want shown? Also do you have permission on all the saved searches? This would be the “Share” button.

Thank you @gsmith

I did save the search, and did gave a title before that. And I did several ones, and can load them at wish.

The problem is: when I load any saved search its name I can find nowhere in the SEARCH page. As a developer, having multiple similar saved-searches, opening them in different tabs simultaneously, while not seeing who is who - makes work difficult and leads to eventual errors.

Hello,

Could you explain or show what you mean in further detail?

I see, There are no tabs in saved search’s only in the dashboard/s where you store multiple save search’s. We use saved search’s for a quick convince, then migrate them to a dashboard.

hello @gsmith

“different tabs” - I was talking for client browser (firefox, chrome), and not for the absence of tab feature for dashboards in the Search form. In this later - Graylog Search form - the problem is that the name of the last loaded saved-search is not visible anywhere.

Hello,

I see now, The only way I can Identify what Saved Search is loaded would be by clicking the load tab and its highlighted.
Example:

Or on the left side pane, you can see what saved search your on as shown below.

Other then that your right, There isn’t a quick visible way to identify what Save Search.

thank you very much @gsmith for the correct answer.
On must click on the arrrow > sign on the bar on the left of Search form. The pane will open and the name of the loaded saved-search is on top. And - in case too long - on mouse-over a hint will display and show the full name. This is enough to let me know which saved-search I am working on.

best regards
Altin

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.