Rsyslog.conf on Graylog Server?

Hi everyone, first time install here.
I have graylog working. However, I’m trying to document the process i went through. I realized I misread the official guide/documentation. I misread the section “Sending in Messages from Linux” as meaning I needed to add the specified configuration
*.* @127.0.0.1:514;RSYSLOG_SyslogProtocol23Format (I have since redirected to port 3514 and changed this line)
to the syslog.conf file on the server. It turns out that’s meant for hosts sending to the server, or so it seems on my second read. Is it safe to remove that line? Does graylog’s config handle this itself? Or does this serve a purpose of logging messages from the server itself?

Any insight appreciated, thanks.

It turns out that’s meant for hosts sending to the server, or so it seems on my second read. Is it safe to remove that line? Does graylog’s config handle this itself? Or does this serve a purpose of logging messages from the server itself?

You can remove that line - but then you will not have the logfiles of the host in Graylog. Do what you think matches your setup.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.