Problem with parsing

Hello!
Sorry for trouble, but I’m totally new in graylog/elk, but i have an error what i cant resolve. My nginx stream stops getting messages, now in stream nothing, but i got an errors.
My graylog (Graylog 5.1.3+a017005) throw me an errors like:

ElasticsearchException[Elasticsearch exception [type=mapper_parsing_exception, reason=failed to parse field [request_path] of type [long] in document with id '3e21d121-1c02-11ee-87cc-00155de77102'. Preview of field's value: '/index.html']]; nested: ElasticsearchException[Elasticsearch exception [type=illegal_argument_exception, reason=For input string: "/index.html"]];

What i should do to solve this problem? Please, describe for me as to totally for novice.
Thanks in advance!

This comes up frequently … somehow this field was mapped to the wrong type - GL uses dynamic type mapping of ES/OS. You should be able to find a bunch of similar posts on the forum.

The easiest fix is to rotate the index - messages in the new index should then have the field correctly typed. Unfortunately, the old indexes will remain the way they are and thus unsearchable.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.