New to Graylog - need suggestion - NFS share + 1 node

Good morning community,
i am a newnubbie to Graylog and ES and i would like a design suggestion from you.
We need to index 5 years old logs taken from a SIEM from a subset of applications, we have one server (system spec should be defined) and an attached NFS NAS storage of 5 TB. The logs size to be ‘uploaded’ once a day (we though to retrieve and upload the data via API) each day are few, approx 400 MB per day; so basically 712GB per 5 years. I have the following questions, i hope you can help me understand better and give me some advice:
1- It is feasable to use the 5TB NFS as a index data store nonetheless the few data required to be indexed? As far as i understood NFS datastore are a nono in ES.
2- All the log data from 5 years back should be searchable and indexed; an index of almost 1TB is feasable? Or it is adviced to define an index for each log source and/or for each day/week/month? What are your suggestion about index and shards to be defined?
3- With the data required to be uploaded and indexed, what server (1 node) specs do you suggest? 8cpu and 32GB RAM?
4- If the NFS datastore is not an option how can i use it? Store Index snapshots maybe?

I hope my questions are clear enough and that you can help me on my doubts.
Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.