New to Graylog how to show the Server One log

hello
i just finished to install Graylog, what do i have to do, to Show all Server intern log?
have a nice day
vinc

Which log messages do you mean exactly?

Hello
the Information in /var/log
kern.log user.log daemon.log
/var/log/graylog-server/server.log
as example
more or less will follow
have anice day
vinc

i just finished Graylog Server Installation and it is accessible from this IP address http://x.x.x.x:9000 but here i want to add client machine (like my another server which are based on linux for that i added this line vi /etc/rsyslog.d/90-graylog2.conf $template GRAYLOGRFC5424,"%protocol-version% %timestamp:::date-rfc3339% %HOSTNAME% %app-name% %procid% %msg%\n"
. @mygraylog server ip addrress x.x.x.140:1514;GRAYLOGRFC5424) but i am getting an error so please let me know if i am doing a wrong practice.

Thanks,
Sandeep Singh
+91-9540314440

You could use your syslog daemon to forward the (syslog) messages directly to Graylog (with a Syslog input):

@jochen, thanks for your feedback

The above configuration should be placed as new file in /etc/rsyslog.d/ and rsyslog should be restarted

do this file ned to have a spezific name or extension? in my case it is empty to there is no example to look at.
i also did not finde an example in the Graylog Documentation, so sory for this basic questions

Typically these configuration snippets should have the file extension .conf, e. g. /etc/rsyslog.d/99-graylog.conf.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.