Input not receiving any new messages

The only thing I can think is that when you resized the disk there were uncommitted changes pending in Elasticsearch and some index position changed and ES panicked. Maybe something similar caused the Graylog disk journal confusing number. I’m not terribly familiar with the mechanisms behind those so if any of those people I tagged earlier have any knowledge I invite them to chime in with their thoughts.

The good news is that screenshot looks a lot better to me. If you’re seeing messages in the stream(s) then I’d say you’re good to go.

I’m still not seeing any messages but I’m going to read a bit more. But what you did, helped me a lot. It looks much better than it did. I really appreciate you taking the time to talk me through some of the troubleshooting. Hard to come by sometimes. Thanks again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good luck! Feel free to tag back in for extra eyes. There’s definitely people on here with loads more experience than me so if we can’t figure it out together I’m sure someone will.

if the number of messages in the journal is negative - your journal is corrupt and you need to stop Graylog, delete all content from the Journal folder and start Graylog again to let this journal be re-created.

@zrevans826

2 Likes

@ttsandrew I just wanted to circle back and let you know that everything is working now. I really appreciate your help.

1 Like

Awesome, nicely done! You’re welcome. I’m glad you got everything going again.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.