I am missing functionaiilty in the input que. How to deal with that !?

Hey @louis

I agree pipelines are not easy. There are tons of examples in this forum on HowTo’s , configurations, routing, re-naming, filtering messages, also use regex/Grok within the pipeline, etc…

Also in this forum. BUT if I understand this correct, the function of this extractor, then how to make a pipeline the same way, OR magically turn the Extractor into a pipeline?

Example #1

let’s say you have an Input for Linux devices, and you need to route a message that has a unique field “node_02” into another stream and send out an alert.

rule " alert"
when
  has_field("node_02")
then
  route_to_stream(id:"63094a92218139114d4923f2");
end

I tend to use stream ID’s instead of stream names.

Example #2

let’s say you have an Input for Linux devices, and you need to route a message that has a unique field “node_02” with specific data under that field call “Louis” into another stream and send out an alert.

rule “Route Node_02/Louis”

when
    has_field("node_02") AND contains(to_string($message.node_02, "Louis")
then
     route_to_stream(id:"63094a92218139114d4923f2");
end

Not only will you find example here in the forum but also in GitHub, there are Tag’s" here in the forum you can use for better search. Pipelines are so versatile I cant post all configurations here.

Dropping message.

Example#3

rule "discard Message with Louis"
    when
        has_field("node_02") AND  contains(to_string($message.node_02),  "Louis", true)
    then
        drop_message();
    end

@louis don’t take this the wrong way but these statements tell me you not really interested in Pipeline, probably because you don’t have enough knowledge.

To sum those up as follow:
Steps

One of our Members took some time to demo this out for others, hope this helps.

If you get stuck and need assistants, I’m sure someone here can help.

EDIT:
I forgot to add about Extractors, depending on what your trying to achieve you can create a REGEX extractor and attach a lookup table to it.
Here is one of mine, extractor type regular expression

1 Like