How to add new host to the graylog server?

Hey Jochen even I tried mentioning UDP/TCP port in Palo Alto and I mention the same in server no luck for me.

Can I get the step by step doc to configure Network devices into GRAYLOG? It will be much helpful for me Jochen.

Do i require any plugins?

You have to make up your mind whether you want to receive syslog messages or SNMP traps.
These are inherently different things and you’re constantly mixing them up.

Yup, i know the difference Jochen and I tried with both the protocols but no luck so I am bugging you :frowning: If you give you me the exact doc for configuring Networks logs to capture in Graylog. It will be much helpful for me Jochen.

I mean Network device log to capture in graylog server.

Thank you

Doesn’t look like it from what you’ve posted before.

Take a step back and think about which devices should log to Graylog, which protocols and ports they’re using, and which type of inputs you need in Graylog.

Ok, I agree I messed up something. Kindly help me with how do I configure graylog to collect log from Palo Alto firewall?

Palo Alto firewall configuration below :frowning:

00 PM

Am I missing anything Jochen? What I wanted is all the logs generated in firewall must be captured by graylog server.

Your help required here and waiting for your answer.

Thank You
Jochen

What type of input is running on your Graylog node on port 514?

Hey Jochen, Much thanks for your help.

Problem found there is a separate policy in the firewall. I enabled it so now I am getting logs now.

Thank You
Jochen :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.