Graylog SYSLOG output truncated

Hello,
I installed the JAR file to manage syslog output.

I’m trying to send data from my Graylog to another syslog with the message format set as “structured”.

When I check the exported message, it’s truncated. I tried to change all parameters (tcp, udp…) but the log is still truncated.

I only have the complete message if I do the FULL type export, but I have the message twice :frowning:

How can I extend the log lenght or which settings do I have to do to have an complete export with the structured format?

I’m running the lastest OVA version of Graylog.

Greg

Have you tried filing a bug report with the developer of the Syslog Output plugin?

Nope, not yet, I’m not a Github user and I wasn’t sure - and I’m still don’t know - if it’s a bug or a configuration issue.

Do you have the same behavior?

@Greg_oir how many fields did you send over to the other Syslog system? You might run in the Syslog Limitation regarding the size of a message.

@jan not sure how can check it to give you the exact answer. I’m trying to forward Active Directory log (GPO modification, authentication etc etc)

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.