Graylog Mass import of inputs

Hi, we run Graylog and we need to import massively hosts as we have around 2000 and manually will take ages. I searched around but nothing found.
Do you have any solution?
Thank you!

What do you exactly mean with “import massively hosts”?

If you mean configuring your systems to send their logs to Graylog, that’s usually a job for configuration management systems such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible.

Also take a look at the Graylog Collector Sidecar: http://docs.graylog.org/en/2.2/pages/collector_sidecar.html

Hi I mean instead of going to graylog administration System/Inputs -> Inputs -> Launch New Input
to make it somehow automatically configured for 2000 inputs (clients)

:slight_smile:

anyone pls to assist?

Why would you do that? Most types of inputs can handle multiple clients.

“Bumping” topics after such a short time is considered rude.

If you need a specific SLA for your support requests, you’ll have to get enterprise support.

Hi,
1 input can handle thousands of clients.
How did you configure your clients ?

I might have it wrong via graylog web admin System/Inputs -> Inputs -> Launch New Input and named each input with different name, I thought that would be one input (or host if u worked with Zabbix or any other tool ) per client.
So I configured a different port for each host.

So now I consider that we can create a new input , GELF TCP for example, assign a name and port where all clients will connect and send logs, right?
How I can distinguish which client is sending data?
Thank you once again!

Yes, exactly.

You can distinguish different clients by their IP address or any field the protocol supports, for example GELF has a dedicated field for the name of the source.