Graylog keeps crashing

Before you post: Your responses to these questions will help the community help you. Please complete this template if you’re asking a support question.
Don’t forget to select tags to help index your topic!

1. Describe your incident:
I have setup Graylog on Ubuntu and it works for awhile. After about a week or less it crashes and when it reboots I get the following message
/dev/mapper/ubuntu—vg-ubuntu—lv contains a file system with errors, check forced. Inodes that were part of a corrupted orphan linked list found.

2. Describe your environment:

• OS Information:Ubuntu 22.04

• Package Version: Graylog Open 5.2

• Service logs, configurations, and environment variables:

3. What steps have you already taken to try and solve the problem?

It says to run fsck on the directory but when I try I just get an error that the folder or file does not exist. This has happened at least three times and the only resolution seems to be to restore from a snapshot.

4. How can the community help?
I need to know why this keeps happening.

Helpful Posting Tips: Tips for Posting Questions that Get Answers [Hold down CTRL and link on link to open tips documents in a separate tab]

Hey, @gord

I dont think this is a Graylog issue.This type of problem is usually caused by shutting off the power to the computer instead of doing a shutdown command. fsck cannot recover files that were never written to disk.

Normally with a issue like this run fsck from the bustbox shell or a USB stick with the “-y” option to repair.

I can definitely rule out a power issue. This is a VM running on a server that has a UPS backup and an automatic generator. So we never lose power. Also, the VM is not set to automatically restart. So if it was a power issue then the server would be off when we check which it is not.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.