Graylog Docker env variables

Hello folks!
Using HTTPS on Graylog it’s pretty challenger, Now it works for me, but I have to edited the file /etc/profile.d/graylog.sh, and in the line " export GRAYLOG_SERVER_JAVA_OPTS=’-XX:… ". I added the path to my trust store. -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=/path/to/cacerts.jks.

This can be added using docker env variables. Just wanted to know if the docker run command should be:

docker run -e JAVA_OPTS="javax.net.ssl.trustStore=/path/to/cacerts.jks" ...

Without the -D at the begging, or I should include all the prev strings before the -D, like:

docker run -e JAVA_OPTS="-XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:+UseCGroupMemoryLimitForHeap -XX:NewRatio=1 -XX:MaxMetaspaceSize=256m -server -XX:+ResizeTLAB -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSConcurrentMTEnabled -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:-OmitStackTraceInFastThrow -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=/path/to/cacerts.jks"

And finally if the variable name is ok as JAVA_OPTS, or it should be setted as GRAYLOG_JAVA_OPTS.

Just a little bit confused about this, What’s the correct way for doing this?

Thank you!.

he @Luisj5231

if you add the environment variables with GRAYLOG_SERVER_JAVA_OPTS to your Docker environment (just the part you want to add) no need to modify anything inside the container or anything other fancy.

The entry point file will grep the environment variables and add them to the java options of Graylog.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.