Graylog can only display 1 page of data

Before you post: Your responses to these questions will help the community help you. Please complete this template if you’re asking a support question.
Don’t forget to select tags to help index your topic!

1. Describe your incident:

When Graylog is used to collect logs of network devices, the logs are actually output all the time but it can only display 1 page

2. Describe your environment:

• OS Information: Centos7

• Package Version: Graylog v3.0.2+1686930

• Service logs, configurations, and environment variables:

3. What steps have you already taken to try and solve the problem?

I have increase the jvm of graylog to 5g and jvm of elasticsearch to 8g,but the problem still exists.

4. How can the community help?

Helpful Posting Tips: Tips for Posting Questions that Get Answers [Hold down CTRL and link on link to open tips documents in a separate tab]

What is the time range you are searching against? Graylog defaults to the last 5 minutes… if you open up the time range to a day or two are you seeing more results? Also, it is possible, though unlikely that you have set the index to only store a short amount of data?

@teamonelove 3.0.1 is an ancient version (may 2019). Can you update to a more recent version?

1 Like

Hi tmacgbay,

I have selected several different date categories but the result is the same.On the other way,Receive buffer size is 262144(default),can you tell me what exactly you mean by the amount of storage?

If there is no other solution I will try to upgrade.thanks for your reminder.

When I increase a new index which is the buffersize is 2147483648,it says an error has occurred which is bufferSize must greater than 0: -2147483648,I don’t understand why it still gives an error without going beyond it.

Re: upgrading — Definitely worth doing but lets see if we can fix this first. It is hard to help since my current installation is the most (or nearly most) recent and it is pulling memory to go back to 3.0.x.

Maybe look into your indices to see how many messages they actually contain? Here is the archived documentation for your version (v3.0) on indices

Usually it is either the messages are simply not stored or there is a parameter you have on your search that is constraining it…

When i install the graylog(v4.2),i can not access the link x.x.x.x:9000.

Best to start a new topic for issues with your upgrade. Please follow the guidelines here I need to know more about your environment and what you have tried since the upgrade… including results from log files… Remember I can see nothing until you post it! :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.