Graylog Alerts/Events to Zabbix

Hi everyone, I was wondering how you can set up Graylog notifications and send them to Zabbix.

My alerts/events are OK, I just need to go through the notification step.

Since Graylog can do HTTP Notification, I think this is the easiest way to go ?
Zabbix as a built-in HTTP agent allowing you to grab data by GET/POST methods : 16 HTTP agent

So if I understand correctly… Graylog should POST new events/alerts notification to a specific URL, and Zabbix should retrieve them with a GET ?

Then I can just enable triggers on that Zabbix Item, this is something else I will manage, the main topic here is to get the alerts/events into the item…

What URL am I supposed to set up in the Graylog Notifications ?
Should I POST to a URL on my Zabbix server ? Or should I POST in localhost, and let Zabbix go get it ?

Thanks for your help ! :slight_smile:

@hebval, the Graylog HTTP notification is a POST. You want to set it to post to your Zabbix server.

I also use Zabbix, but I am new to graylog. If your leading monitoring system is Zabbix I’d propose to read the corresponding metrics from graylog api and send it as UserParameters in /etc/zabbix/zabbix_agentd.d/graylog.conf to zabbix .
I use log management only to dig faster into the system for problem analysis not for alerting.

Thanks for helping! :slight_smile:
So Graylog will send the alerts/events to Zabbix, OK.
How is Zabbix supposed to GET these ? Is that an item to configure ?
The only thing I can find is the HTTP Agent, but I think it’s used to grab info from a website, and not listen for any request ?

@hebval, I’m afraid I don’t know anything about Zabbix. Sorry. Perhaps another community member will have something to add. Good luck!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.