GL 2.3 would not show messages from the Beats plugin

I installed the plugin, restarted GL, and then installed metricsbeat on the same server for testing purposes. I created a dedicated “beats input” and directed metricsbeat to send the logs to it.

The issue is that, although I can see in the web-server that the input is receiving messages, when I click on “Show Messages”, it says no messages were found.

What’s in the logs of your Graylog and Elasticsearch nodes?
:arrow_right: http://docs.graylog.org/en/2.3/pages/configuration/file_location.html

I found out that GL is having problems Indexing the logs from Metricbeats. Here is one of the lines from Indexer Failures on the web-server:

{"type":"mapper_parsing_exception","reason":"failed to parse","caused_by":{"type":"illegal_argument_exception","reason":"Can't parse [index] value [not_analyzed] for field [metricbeat_metricset_module], expected [true] or [false]"}}

Additionally, this is what is in the Graylog Log (/var/log/graylog-server/graylog.log) :

Also, I do have the graylog-plugin-beats-2.3.0.jar plugin inside /usr/share/graylog-server/plugin/

Which version of Elasticsearch are you using?

I am running:

• Elasticsearch v. 5.5.1
  • Graylog v. 2.3

Please create a bug report for this at GitHub:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.